What is nafarelin?

Nafarelin is a nasal spray medication prescribed to treat symptoms of endometriosis (an overgrowth of uterine tissue), including menstrual cramps, pelvic pain, and intercourse pain. The medication is also used to treat central precocious puberty (CPP) -- or early puberty -- in girls and boys. Nafarelin is a hormone that decreases the level of estrogen and testosterone present in the blood. This hormone is similar to the hormone released by the hypothalamus gland. Nafarelin is manufactured under the brand name Synarel.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...