What is Evista?

Evista, the prescription drug raloxifene, is used to treat women who have or are at risk for developing osteoporosis. The drug limits bone loss after menopause.

Evista works like estrogen therapy, but doesn't increase the risk for breast and uterine cancer as estrogen does. For this reason, Evista is used in post-menopausal women who are at high risk for developing breast cancer.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...