What is clomiphene?

Clomiphene is a fertility drug that is similar to the hormone estrogen. Some women who want to become pregnant produce too few eggs or none at all. Clomiphene acts on the brain, which in turn signals the body to produce certain hormones. These hormones cause changes in the ovaries that make them more likely to produce eggs. Clomiphene may also be used to treat male infertility, irregular menstrual periods, breast cysts and other conditions.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...