What is cabergoline?

Cabergoline is a type of drug called a dopamine receptor agonist and treats medical conditions caused by an imbalance of the hormone prolactin. This prescription medication comes in tablet form and directs the brain to stop the production and release of prolactin by the pituitary gland. Cabergoline treats some menstrual problems, fertility issues in both males and females and pituitary gland tumors. When prolactin levels remain normal for six months this medication is usually stopped, but it can be taken again if hormone levels rise.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...