What is a somatropin injection?

The somatropin injection, known by brand names Saizen and Nutropin, is an injection of a growth hormone used to encourage the growth of human bone and muscle tissue and proper renal function. It is used to treat illnesses related to growth or weight loss disorders, including short bowel syndrome, unusually short height at birth, Turner syndrome, Noonan syndrome and chronic kidney disorders. Speak to your doctor if you would like to know if a somatropin injection is right for you. This injection must be prescribed by a qualified and licensed physician.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
Does ospemifene have any side effects?
Side effects may include hot flashes, vaginal discharge, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating.  Os...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...