What will happen if I take potassium iodide too long?

If you take potassium iodide for a long time, you might notice burning in your mouth or throat, headaches and confusion. The longer you take it, the more you risk having some of the following complications:
  • increased watering of mouth
  • skin sores
  • unusual heartbeat
  • tiredness
  • metal taste in mouth
  • weakness or heaviness of legs
  • numbness, tingling or pain in your hands or feet
If you have any of these symptoms, call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...