What should I do if my child misses a dose of H.P. Acthar Gel?

Talk to your child's doctor if your child misses a dose of H.P. Acthar Gel, a prescription medicine that is injected into a muscle to treat many different types of medical conditions. The best course of action may depend on why your child is being given H.P. Acthar Gel.

A doctor or nurse may be giving your child these injections, or perhaps you have been taught how to give the shots. But either way, H.P. Acthar Gel usually needs to be given on a specific schedule. For example, if your child is under 2 years old and is receiving injections of H.P. Acthar Gel to treat infantile spasms, the recommendation is usually for two injections daily for two weeks, followed by another two weeks of gradually smaller doses until your child is safely off of the medication.

Talk to your doctor for more information about H.P. Acthar Gel and how to take it safely.