What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?

If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipulate your menstrual cycle. The goal is to keep you on the same cycle as your egg donor so your uterine lining is prepared to support the embryo once it is ready for implantation.

Leuprolide (Lupron) is used to suppress your menstrual cycle, and estrogen supplements are used to get the cycle in synch with the donor's cycle. Progesterone is usually used to prepare your uterus for implantation when the donor is ready for egg retrieval.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...