What are the side effects of sapropterin?

The most serious side effects of sapropterin include seizure; chest pain, especially spreading to the arm; propensity to bruise or bleed; flu-like symptoms; problems urinating; swelling of the extremities; feeling faint or weak; and stools or vomit that is black or contains blood. You may also have an allergic reaction to sapropterin marked by hives, an itchy rash, difficulty breathing, or swelling in the face, mouth, and throat. Any of these serious side effects needs immediate medical care. Other side effects include nausea, a runny or stuffed-up nose, headaches, agitation, dizziness, and pain in the joints. Only see your doctor for these if they persist or are bothersome to you.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...