What are the side effects of pegvisomant?

Side effects to pegvisomant are uncommon, but can be serious. If you have an allergic reaction that makes it difficult to breathe, causes the throat to close, experience swelling of the face, tongue or lips or develop hives, seek immediate medical attention. Your periodic blood tests or the following symptoms will reveal if you are having liver problems: yellowing of the skin or eyes, vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue, abdominal pain, itching, clay-colored stools or dark urine. Some other less serious side effects that may occur include: pain at the injection site hypertension, sinusitis, peripheral edema, flu-like symptoms, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, water retention or weight gain. Be sure to tell your doctor about any side effects that you may be experiencing.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...