Can I take Premphase if I have heart disease?

You should not use Premphase if you have heart disease. It will not help prevent a heart attack; in fact, it may increase your risk of having a heart attack within the first year of therapy. Taking Premphase could also increase your risk of blood clots. Talk to your doctor about your history of heart disease and hormone replacement therapy.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...