What are the side effects of DDAVP Nasal Spray?

Common side effects of DDAVP Nasal Spray (desmopressin) include cramping,   flushing, nausea, or pain in the vulva. You may also develop pain, red skin, or swelling at the injection site. If these symptoms persist or become severe talk to your doctor.

Serious side effects include:

• allergic reaction (skin rash, hives, wheezing or difficulty breathing, tightening of the chest, or swelling of the face and mouth)
  • flu-like symptoms (fever or chills)
  • confusion
  • seizure
  • drowsiness
  • rapid heartbeat
  • long-lasting headache
  • shortness of breath
  • or rapid weight gain.

If you experience these symptoms, seek immediate medical attention.   

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...