Who should not take Trelstar LA?

Since Trelstar LA (triptorelin for injection every 12 weeks) is a drug that treats advanced prostate cancer, it is not intended for women in the US. However, if this drug is prescribed for women (as is done in Europe for IVF or endometriosis), it is important for women to know that Trelstar is in pregnancy Category X, which means that it can cause fetal harm. If a woman takes Trelstar, breastfeeding should be avoided. People should make sure that the doctor who will prescribe Trelstar for them knows if there is liver or kidney disease; osteoporosis or a family history of osteoporosis; diabetes or a high risk for diabetes; a history of cardiovascular disease, heart attack or stroke; or allergic to gonadotropin-releasing drugs.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...