Who should not take Trelstar Depot?

Since Trelstar Depot (triptorelin for injection every four weeks) is a drug that treats advanced prostate cancer, it is not intended for women in the US. However, if this drug is prescribed for women (as is done in Europe for IVF or endometriosis), it is important for women to know that Trelstar is in pregnancy Category X, which means that it can cause fetal harm. If a woman takes Trelstar, breastfeeding should be avoided. People should make sure that the doctor who will prescribe Trelstar for them knows if there is liver or kidney disease; osteoporosis or a family history of osteoporosis; diabetes or a high risk for diabetes; a history of cardiovascular disease, heart attack or stroke; or allergic to gonadotropin-releasing drugs.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
Does ospemifene have any side effects?
Side effects may include hot flashes, vaginal discharge, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating.  Os...