What should I do if I miss a dose of miglustat?

If you have missed a dose of miglustat, skip that dose and take your next dose according to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medication without approval from your doctor.

Your doctor has selected miglustat (Zavesca) at the lowest dose possible to treat your condition with minimal or no side effects. It is really important that you follow the instructions on the label of your prescription about the exact timing and dosage of your miglustat.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...