Does Serostim LQ interact with other medications or food?

Serostim LQ has the potential to interact with other medications or foods. However, at this time there are few known interactions. Be sure to check with your doctor or pharmacist about possible interactions with taking any type of medication or supplement. There is the possibility that Serostim LQ will interact with medications metabolized by certain liver enzymes. Therefore, it is recommended that your doctor monitor the effectiveness of both medications when taken together. Serostim LQ also may affect how cortisol and cortisone are metabolized by your body. Serostim LQ has been removed from the US market; only Serostim powder for injection is available.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...