What should I know about Serostim LQ before taking it?

Before taking Serostim LQ talk to your doctor if you have any allergies, particularly to benzyl alcohol. If you have certain medical conditions, you should be aware of possible problems or complications from taking Serostim LQ. Talk to your doctor about any medical conditions you may have, especially pituitary problems, problems with your adrenal gland, an underactive thyroid, scoliosis, kidney or liver problems, breathing difficulties, or a current serious illness. If you've had any type of cancer (particularly brain cancer), your doctor should monitor you closely to see if the cancer comes back or progresses. You should also be checked regularly for skin cancers. 

You may need extra monitoring while taking Serostim LQ if you have diabetes, because this drug may cause hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). Additionally, if you have or have had leukemia, another type of cancer or unusual growth or tumors, Serostim LQ might not be right for you. Being overweight, having had major surgery or being in an accident can also affect Serostim LQ. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should talk to your doctor about the possible risks to your baby. You may need lab tests and eye exams while taking Serostim LQ to monitor your progress and identify potential side effects. Older adults may be more sensitive to its effects. Serostim LQ has been removed from the US market; only Serostim powder for injection is available.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...