Is it safe for me to breastfeed my baby while taking agalsidase beta?

It is not known whether a mother who is taking agalsidase beta (or the brand name version Fabrazyme) will pass the drug in her breast milk. Still, the manufacturer recommends caution in using the drug while breastfeeding. A registry is available for women who are nursing who also receive the drug and participation is voluntary. Information regarding the registry may be obtained by visiting http://www.fabryregistry.com or by calling (800) 745—4447. Talk with your doctor about your concerns and how to weigh the benefits of staying on the drug with the risks of nursing.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
Does ospemifene have any side effects?
Side effects may include hot flashes, vaginal discharge, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating.  Os...
How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...