What is nafarelin acetate for central precocious puberty (CPP)?

Nafarelin acetate is a synthetic reproductive hormone used to treat endometriosis in adults and precocious (early) puberty in boys and girls. Nafarelin works by mimicking a natural hormone that keeps levels of testosterone and estrogen in check, helping to prevent endometriosis from occurring. This prescription medication is also marketed under the brand name Synarel and may be called nafarelin acetate nasal spray or Synarel Nasal Spray.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...