What should I do if I miss a self-injection of octreotide?

Octreotide (Sandostatin) is given to treat severe diarrhea and flushing episodes in people with carcinoid tumors, and to reduce growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor in people with the growth disorder acromegaly. It is very important that you receive each scheduled dose of this medication as directed. If you are giving yourself the self-injected formulation and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once. Talk with your doctor if you are having trouble keeping to your schedule or if you have missed more than one dose.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...