How do I take agalsidase beta?

Chances are you will not be giving this medicine to yourself. Agalsidase beta, the generic name for Fabrazyme, is given intravenously every two weeks, usually at a clinic or doctor's office to minimize problems. For instance, many people develop soreness and even mild allergic reactions in the tissue where the injections are given. If you are going to be dosing yourself, make sure you get clear instructions from your health care provider or pharmacist about how to inject the medicine and store it safely.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...