How soon will Cyclessa start working for me?

When you first start taking Cyclessa or when you restart after you miss a dose, it can take seven days before it is effective in preventing pregnancy. During this seven-day period, you should use back-up methods of birth control, such as condoms or a spermicide. Talk with your doctor pharmacist about when you will need back-up birth control while using Cyclessa, and follow their instructions. Cyclessa contains hormones that prevent the release of an egg from your ovaries. This medicine also causes changes in your body that make it harder for sperm to reach your uterus. If an egg should get fertilized, Cyclessa also makes it harder for the fertilized egg to attach to your uterus.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How is glucagon related to type 1 diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. This hormone elevates blood glucose levels-so it can...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...