How should I take ella?

ella (ulipristal) is an emergency birth control pill that you take after you have unprotected sex or when another birth control method fails (such as when a condom breaks) or you use it incorrectly. It's a single tablet that you can take with or without food.

You should take ella within five days (120 hours) of having unprotected sex—the sooner, the better. If you vomit within three hours of taking ella, let your doctor know right away. You may need to take another dose. You can take it any time during your menstrual cycle, but not more than once per cycle.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...