How is histrelin given?

A prescription medicine called Supprelin LA may be prescribed for your child for central precocious puberty (CPP). This prescription medication is a histrelin subcutaneous implant and normally is given for a 12 month time period. The implant is inserted under the skin of the inside of the upper arm. This implant will provide a daily amount of medicine that will reduce the amount of sex hormones in the blood. This will delay early puberty for your child. If you have any questions about CPP, talk to your child's pediatrician or healthcare provider to better understand this condition.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...