ella (ulipristal), an emergency birth control pill, contains progestin, a synthetic hormone that prevents pregnancy by suppressing or delaying the release of an egg from the ovary. The drug may also affect the lining of the uterus (womb), which may stop a pregnancy from developing.
- Q When should I call my doctor if I took ella?
- Q Who should not take ella?
- Q What are the possible side effects of ella?
- Q Can ella interact with other medications or foods?
- Q How do selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) work?
- Q How should I take ella?