Is there a generic version of Nutropin AQ?

There are many manufacturers of medications that contain somatropin, the active drug in Nutropin AQ. However, there is no generic version of Nutropin AQ. This medication is a version of growth hormone that is pre-mixed and ready for injection, and it may be given using an injection pen that comes with a pre-dosed cartridge. If you see generic versions, do not buy them; they are not the real thing.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...
Does ospemifene have any side effects?
Side effects may include hot flashes, vaginal discharge, muscle spasms, and excessive sweating.  Os...
Who should avoid taking oral bisphosphonates?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
While bisphosphonates are quite effective in preventing fractures, the oral forms may not be the...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...