Are growth hormones healthy for children?

Growth hormone is a protein-based  hormone that promotes growth, cell rebuilding in humans and other animals. It consists of about 191-amino acid, in a single-chain that is synthesized, stored, and released by cells within the brain. It is used as drug to treat children's growth disorders and adult growth hormone deficiency, by causing growth and increasing height in children with growth disorder. In addition to increasing height in children and adolescents, it promote fat breakdown, increases making of. Despite all of this, there are serious side effects that are associated with growth hormone and their use should not be taking lightly. There is still a lot research needed to in cosmetic use of growth hormone.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

How effective is ospemifene?
Ospemifene relieves vaginal dryness and helps restore a healthy vaginal pH. Studies have shown it to...
When do I need a glucagon shot if I have diabetes?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
A person with diabetes who uses insulin needs an injection (shot) of glucagon if their blood glucose...
What is growth hormone treatment?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Growth hormone treatment is a therapy that may help kids with growth hormone deficiency (GHD) grow t...
What should I know before I take ospemifene?
If you have had a blood clot in the lung or leg, a heart attack, or a stroke, you should not take os...