What should I know about paricalcitol injection?

Paricalcitol injection has not been extensively studied in people over age 65 or under age 18. If you have vitamin D toxicity, hypercalcemia, or hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients, do not take this drug. It is important while undergoing this treatment that you follow a diet outlined by your doctor to manage your calcium and phosphorous levels. You should also become aware of the symptoms of having too much calcium in your body, because imbalanced levels may lead to bone damage. This drug may harm an unborn baby if used by pregnant women.

Continue Learning about Endocrine-Metabolic Agent

Does ospemifene interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bazedoxifene, fluconazole, raloxifene, toremifene, or an estrogen drug, ospemifene...
Why is glucagon important for people with diabetes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is important to know about this hormone if you ha...
What drugs will I take if I'm receiving donor eggs?
If you're receiving donor eggs, a combination of two or three hormonal medications is used to manipu...
What is ospemifene?
Ospemifene (Osphena) is a drug that affects how estrogen acts on body tissues such as the vagina, th...