Who should be involved in setting up an advance care plan?

Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Geriatric Medicine Specialist

Advance care planning is personal and is based on your values and beliefs. You can, and should, involve family, friends, other loved ones, faith/spiritual counselors and healthcare providers as you create your plan.

Continue Learning about End Of Life Issues

How can I talk to my doctor about end-of-life issues?
Barbara Coombs LeeBarbara Coombs Lee
Unfortunately, your doctor is unlikely to broach the subject, so it’s up to you. You might wonder ho...
I know what choices I’ll make at the end of life, should I tell my doctor?
Barbara Coombs LeeBarbara Coombs Lee
At Compassion & Choices we often tell people to interview their doctor. If you wonder about end-of-l...
What cost or paperwork is involved in making an advance directive?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Living wills, the durable power of attorney for healthcare, do not resuscitate (DNR) orders and phys...
What should I know about do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders?
Barbara Coombs LeeBarbara Coombs Lee
DNR is a bad name for a useful mechanism. This physician instruction to the staff of a hospital or o...