Will having an enameloplasty affect the appearance of my teeth?

Enameloplasty, or tooth recontouring, can change the appearance of your teeth by correcting minor imperfections such as:

• small chips in a tooth
  • bulges or pits tooth enamel
  • slightly irregular tooth shapes from too many or uneven teeth
  • over-long canines (pointed eyeteeth)

Enameloplasty is used to reshape teeth. It involves smoothing or recontouring the enamel of the teeth. It can be done without numbing the teeth. It can be used to smooth out rough edges of the teeth, reshape pointed teeth, and smooth out small fractures in the teeth. It is generally done for cosmetic purposes.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

How long is the recovery after an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple, conservative cosmetic dental procedure, so you shou...
What information should I tell my dentist prior to having an enameloplasty?
Since enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple cosmetic procedure that does not usually requi...
What complications are associated with having an enameloplasty?
Tooth enamel cannot be replaced, so the only possible complication with enameloplasty is if too ...
How can I reduce my risk of complications after having an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or tooth recontouring, is one of the most conservative cosmetic procedures, so yo...