What could happen if I choose not to have an enameloplasty?

If you choose not to have an enameloplasty, you may retain small chips in a tooth, bulges or pits in a tooth’s enamel, or slightly irregular tooth shapes caused by too many or uneven teeth. This may create areas that promote bacterial growth, and this could make you more vulnerable to tooth decay over time.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

Will having an enameloplasty hurt?
Since enameloplasty, or recontouring, does not affect the pulp of the tooth, where the nerves are co...
How many days will I be off work if I am having an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple, quick, and usually painless cosmetic procedure. You...
How long is an enameloplasty effective?
Enameloplasty that is done to correct small imperfections in the tooth shape or surface is usually p...
How long is the recovery after an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple, conservative cosmetic dental procedure, so you shou...