What complications are associated with having an enameloplasty?

Tooth enamel cannot be replaced, so the only possible complication with enameloplasty is if too much of it is removed, leaving the enamel too thin. If the enamel of the tooth is too thin or if the dentin layer (the layer beneath the enamel) is exposed, your teeth could become sensitive to hot and cold foods and drinks as well as sweets.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

What type of wound care will I need to do if I'm having an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is one of the most conservative cosmetic dental procedures. You ...
How long is the recovery after an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple, conservative cosmetic dental procedure, so you shou...
How do I prepare for an enameloplasty?
You shouldn't have to prepare your teeth for an enameloplasty. Your dentist will prepare your to...
What are the risks of having an enameloplasty?
Since enamel cannot be replaced, enameloplasty should be considered carefully. The only risk is that...