How do I know if I need an enameloplasty?

To determine whether you need an enameloplasty, your dentist will examine your teeth and take an x-ray of your teeth to determine the size and location of the tooth's pulp (the center of the tooth that contains the nerves and blood vessels). If the enamel is too thin, or if the pulp is too close to the tooth surface, enameloplasty may not be possible. Another procedure, such as bonding or veneers, may be a better option.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

How long is the recovery after an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple, conservative cosmetic dental procedure, so you shou...
How is an enameloplasty performed?
To perform an enameloplasty, your dentist will use a sanding disc or a fine diamond bur to remov...
What are the alternatives to having an enameloplasty?
Dental veneers and bonding are alternatives to enameloplasty. Sometimes enameloplasty is done prior ...
What is an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty is a procedure in which small amounts of tooth enamel are removed to change a toot...