How is an enameloplasty performed?

To perform an enameloplasty, your dentist will use a sanding disc or a fine diamond bur to remove small amounts of tooth enamel. To smooth imperfections between teeth, your dentist may use a strip of sandpaper. Once the surface of the tooth is shaped, your dentist will polish your tooth or teeth to complete the procedure.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

How long is an enameloplasty effective?
Enameloplasty that is done to correct small imperfections in the tooth shape or surface is usually p...
Will having an enameloplasty affect the appearance of my teeth?
Enameloplasty, or tooth recontouring, can change the appearance of your teeth by correcting mino...
What type of wound care will I need to do if I'm having an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is one of the most conservative cosmetic dental procedures. You ...
Will having an enameloplasty hurt?
Since enameloplasty, or recontouring, does not affect the pulp of the tooth, where the nerves are co...