Should I see a doctor about my emphysema symptoms?

Emphysema is not only debilitating, it can be deadly. If you develop symptoms of the disease, see your doctor for a proper diagnosis. While the damage caused by emphysema cannot be reversed, you may be able to slow down its progression considerably. If you catch it early enough, you may be able to go on with your life relatively unaffected as long as you follow the necessary treatment. This often involves giving up smoking and living a healthier lifestyle.

Continue Learning about Emphysema

Is emphysema life threatening?
Jamie McGinnJamie McGinn
Emphysema is a type of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and can be life threatening due ...
What is emphysema?
Emphysema affects your ability to breathe and is a form of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or...
What increases my risk for emphysema?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The number one risk factor in developing emphysema is smoking. You can greatly reduce your risk of d...
What is an emphysematous bleb?
Howard E. Lewine, MDHoward E. Lewine, MD
The lung contains many millions of tiny air sacs called alveoli. These air sacs have a thin, fragile...