What is the real value of networking?

More than half of people who get jobs do it through personal connection (not necessarily friends, but acquaintances as well). Don't think you have too many connections? Wrong. The theory of six degrees of separation is really true. You're not networking to use people, but to create a network of people who can support you - some may support you emotionally as you go through tough times at work, while others may be the needed contact who will help you get a foot in the door. Ask yourself who the people are that you need to know (role models, competitors), and go out and meet them. They'll help you fulfill your dream, so why leave it to chance?

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Emotional Intelligence

Can experiencing flow make me happy?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
The good news about flow (the experience of being fully involved in an activity) and happiness is th...
How do people use body language to express feelings?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
These are some of the ways people use body language to express their negative feelings:rolling t...
What Happiness Strategies Can Improve My Mood?
Is There a Link Between Music and Happiness?