How can social factors affect my emotional well-being?

As we go through the menopause transition, we may work as individuals and in groups to change what we can, whether it is the outside circumstances that are contributing to stress in our lives or our own reactions to those circumstances. Coping skills and stress management techniques can help us manage the stress of our demanding day-to-day lives, but they alone cannot alleviate known health predictors such as poverty, homelessness, racism, and other oppressive conditions. For that, we need to work together for social change and justice.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Emotional Intelligence

How can I experience flow at work?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
To experience flow at work, try to identify and acknowledge the pleasure you derive from work. Look ...
What is the real value of networking?
More than half of people who get jobs do it through personal connection (not necessarily friends, bu...
What Happiness Strategies Can Improve My Mood?
Is There a Link Between Music and Happiness?