How can I make my relationships freer and less manipulative?

Yogi Cameron Alborzian
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

It is very common for us to find ourselves in relationships that seem to thrive on (or at least feature) manipulation and other unappealing qualities. The Yogic path teaches us that the relationships we have that are a source of struggle and conflict are ultimately not an accident--that each person who challenges us in some way is here for a reason. Somehow, this person can help us to find our purpose.

If you find that your relationships are with seemingly manipulative people, then consider what it is about your life that might have attracted such a dynamic. If a manipulative person is here in your life, why might that be so? Are they here to teach you how you must embody more straightforward qualities in your own life? Are they here to show you the value of the relationships you have that don't embody these qualities?  

Regardless, when you begin the process of investigating the significance of these dynamics, you will start to crave experiences that serve you better on the whole. When you set an intention to live a life filled with people who have the potential to enrich your life, and feel that you may enrich theirs in turn, you will find the very freedom you seek.

Continue Learning about Emotional Intelligence