Why am I so afraid of rejection?

This is a loaded question and really is best answered when a trained professional takes the time to talk with you, look at your background and past, search your feelings and understand why you may be feeling the way you do.

I am not a qualified professional in the field to answer this but as a fitness professional rejection and fear of rejection is many times what halts peoples progress in the gym or in life.

I would encourage you to know that you were created to succeed and rejection or fear of rejection is real but it does not have to control you.  There is tremendous hope and although rejection can be an extreme negative in someones life the reality is ultimately you are not rejected and you are a great person and I can say that will full confidence even if I have never met you.

A trained professional in the field can help identify what is causing the feelings and help you work through that but it is most important to understand that it is ok to be afraid but the key is to understand that the fear does not define you or your future. 

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Loneliness May Be Your Undiagnosed Cause of Poor Health
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, a novel by Carson McCullers, is about an isolated deaf man who strives to build friendships with four acquaintances. Eac...
How can I emotionally heal from painful feelings?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
How do you bring the edges of an emotional wound together? How do you process the feelings that caus...
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
About 42.6 million US adults over age 45 report chronic loneliness, but younger people may also be at risk.
Why You Need to Organize Your Life
Why You Need to Organize Your Life