Why am I so afraid of rejection?

This is a loaded question and really is best answered when a trained professional takes the time to talk with you, look at your background and past, search your feelings and understand why you may be feeling the way you do.

I am not a qualified professional in the field to answer this but as a fitness professional rejection and fear of rejection is many times what halts peoples progress in the gym or in life.

I would encourage you to know that you were created to succeed and rejection or fear of rejection is real but it does not have to control you.  There is tremendous hope and although rejection can be an extreme negative in someones life the reality is ultimately you are not rejected and you are a great person and I can say that will full confidence even if I have never met you.

A trained professional in the field can help identify what is causing the feelings and help you work through that but it is most important to understand that it is ok to be afraid but the key is to understand that the fear does not define you or your future. 

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Emotional Health

How well you handle stress, anger, relationships, work, family life-it all factors into your emotional health. Finding balance in life-as well as peace of mind-helps us cope with life's ups and downs. Take time to explore new ways ...

to find stress relief, and to release anxiety, and unhappiness. Counseling can help-as can a gratitude journal.