How can I express my feelings through writing?

If you've never expressed your feelings through writing before, a great way to start is by writing a letter to yourself. You can pretend that you're writing to a close friend whom you trust with your life. Silly as it may sound, writing a letter to yourself lets you explore your thoughts and feelings. You have no one to impress, so you can be honest about what you want to change about your behavior.

Include things that you are unhappy about, disappointed with, or want to change. Talk about why anger has been a problem for you and why you want to handle it differently.

When you have finished your letter, photocopy it and place the copy in an envelope. Put it somewhere safe and plan to open it in six months. You may be surprised at the changes that you've made!
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Emotional Health

How well you handle stress, anger, relationships, work, family life-it all factors into your emotional health. Finding balance in life-as well as peace of mind-helps us cope with life's ups and downs. Take time to explore new ways ...

to find stress relief, and to release anxiety, and unhappiness. Counseling can help-as can a gratitude journal.