How is emotional health assessed?

Emotional health can be assessed at the most basic level using informal conversation, interviews, self-reporting, or a questionnaire. Most questionnaires take into account frequency of moods, support systems, sleep patterns, appetite, stress, alcohol and drug use, physical symptoms, and stressful life events. Assessments look at emotional awareness and your ability to influence your emotions. Healthcare professionals including doctors, psychologists, and counselors can direct you to resources that can help you improve your emotional health.

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

How to Cope with the Emotional Side of Fibromyalgia
Living with fibromyalgia can understandably trigger a lot of negative emotions about yourself, your life, and even your relationships. But if you can ...
What is the importance of spending time with myself?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
One of the most important people for you to be with is yourself! We often forget to make “self-time....
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
About 42.6 million US adults over age 45 report chronic loneliness, but younger people may also be at risk.
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?