How can I become a leader?

Arianna Huffington
Health Education

Fearless individualism- the quiet kind that doesn’t need to be announced from the rooftops- is a requirement for leadership. When we are fearlessly who we are, we don’t need external validation, just an opportunity to express ourselves, live fully, and serve the world. Too often we confuse speaking out with alpha status- the lead actor taking the main stage. But sometimes we can speak out clearly without power or position. This is a true alternate model of leadership, the kind that depends not on external power but on internal strength. 

It’s not necessary to move to New York or Washington to lead. What all of us can do is begin to exercise leadership in our most immediate circles: our families and our communities. Because change doesn’t happen just from the top down, and because leadership is increasingly rare at the top. 

On Becoming Fearless...in Love, Work, and Life

Observing that her own teenage daughters were beginning to experience some of the same fears that had once burdened her--how attractive am I? do people like me? do I dare speak up?--Arianna...

Continue Learning about Emotional Health

Seeing Green: How to Break Free From Jealousy
In this day and age, it’s no wonder jealousy is everywhere—and we’re not just talking about spousal jealousy. It is easier than ever to scroll through...
How are our feelings and our bodies intimately connected?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
We are not merely soul, or merely body, or merely mind. We are not one-dimensional, but neither are ...
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
Loneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking FactsLoneliness May Be Deadlier Than Obesity—And Other Shocking Facts
About 42.6 million US adults over age 45 report chronic loneliness, but younger people may also be at risk.
What Teresa Giudice Did to Stay Healthy in Prison