How can I lose weight if I'm an emotional eater?

If your dieting downfall is emotional eating, one great answer is to find healthy snacks with ingredients that make you feel calm. In this video, Cleveland Clinic dietitian and Dr. Oz Show guest Kristin Kirkpatrick tells Dr. Oz about a sandwich spread and dip that can get your brain on your side and help you drop pounds.

Craig B. Primack, MD
General Practice

The secret to overcoming emotional eating is finding other ways to cope with the emotions that you are experiencing. Using food for these emotions does work but the effect is short-lived and usually results in weight gain. 

A psychologist who specializes in emotional eating therapy is a great place to start to identifying things to work on in your life to better deal with your emotional eating. 

Continue Learning about Emotional Eating

Take Time to Curb Emotional Eating
Take Time to Curb Emotional Eating
If stress plays a big role in food decisions like: When (too often), where (in front of the TV) and what (sweet, crunchy, sweet again!) you eat, we ha...
Can hypnosis help me with my emotional eating?
Hypnotism has been proven to help with emotional eating.In this video, hypnotist Paul McKenna shocks...
How can I avoid overeating when I am in emotional pain?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
For anyone who is a stress/emotional eater, hitting a 7 or greater on the anxiety scale makes it pre...
How to Cope With Emotional Eating
How to Cope With Emotional Eating