Does emotional eating tend to be an issue for men?

Sudeepta Varma, MD
Psychiatry
Emotional eating can be an issue for men, just as it is for women; when men are anxious, they may eat, snack or drink more to cope with feelings they aren't addressing. Watch psychiatrist Sudeepta Varma, MD, discuss how emotional eating affects men. 
Emotional eating can be an issue for men, just like it is for women; mindless eating may be a way to cope with feelings of stress and anxiety. Watch me discuss why it's important for men to be mindful of emotional eating.

Continue Learning about Emotional Eating

How to Overcome Emotional Eating
How to Overcome Emotional Eating
If you reach for the ice cream scoop every time things get tough, you're not alone. According to the American Psychological Association, 38 percent of...
How can I separate eating and food from my emotions?
Laura Katleman-PrueLaura Katleman-Prue
The following exercises can help you dis-identify food with feelings: Notice that a craving is on...
How can I find fulfillment in life?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
Finding fulfillment in life is another way of saying “how do we feed ourselves and what do we need t...
How Can I Tell If I'm a Passionate Eater?