What should I keep on hand in case of emergency?

Disaster can strike with barely a moment's notice. In this video, Dr. Oz talks about the five items everyone should have in a home emergency supply kit.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Wildfires Keep Raging—and They Pose Major Health Risks
For people in the path of wildfires, the most immediate concerns surround protecting their property, their loved ones and their own lives. What often ...
What supplies should I keep at home in case of a winter storm?
In case of a winter storm, have a week's worth of food and safety supplies. If you live far from oth...
What emergency supplies should I keep in my car in case of a winter storm?
Prepare your car with emergency supplies in case a winter storm hits. Cell phone; portable charge...
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
A winter wonderland can be dangerous. Here’s how to keep yourself and your family safe when a blizzard strikes.