What information should be on an athlete's emergency contact form?

An emergency contact form should always include:
  • Complete information for the athlete: Name, date of birth, address, phone number, family doctor, allergies, and medications.
  • Complete information for the emergency contact: Name, relationship to athlete, address, and phone numbers (home, work, and cell). It's also a good idea to have a second emergency contact if the first contact cannot be reached.
  • Complete information on insurance: Name of company, address, phone number, policy and group numbers.
(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Run, Hide, Fight: How to Protect Yourself During an Act of Mass Violence
As incidents of intentional harm increase in the US, many people are wondering how best to protect themselves in the event of a mass shooting or other...
How should I prepare myself for a possible plane crash?
You should do the following to prepare yourself for a possible plane crash:• Dress for egress: Wear ...
How can I prepare for health problems during cold weather?
It is a good idea to take a first aid and emergency resuscitation (CPR) course to prepare for cold-w...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.