What should families do in a medical emergency?

The first thing families should do in an emergency is dial 911 and follow the responder's directions while they wait for an ambulance.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

How to Prepare for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
Tropical storms and hurricanes bring heavy rain and winds that can create damage, as well as block roads and knock out power. People with certain heal...
How can I prepare my family for a disaster?
Mrs. LeAnne Lovett-FloomMrs. LeAnne Lovett-Floom
You can prepare your family for an emergency in several ways.  Have a plan--augmented for a varie...
How can I prepare for a terrorist attack?
You can do several things to prepare for and be ready to respond to a terrorist attack. These sugges...
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
A winter wonderland can be dangerous. Here’s how to keep yourself and your family safe when a blizzard strikes.