What should families do in a medical emergency?

The first thing families should do in an emergency is dial 911 and follow the responder's directions while they wait for an ambulance.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

How to Prepare for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
Tropical storms and hurricanes bring heavy rain and winds that can create damage, as well as block roads and knock out power. People with certain heal...
How can I be prepared for an emergency?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Have a plan of action in case of emergency. Know who you can call if you suddenly need help. Pla...
When should I call 911?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
You should call 911 for certain medical emergencies, such as a heart attack or stroke. It's better ...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.