What emergency information should I keep near the telephone?

Keep your address and phone number affixed to each telephone. If a visitor needs to summon help, he will have this vital information.
Arthritis

Arthritis

Arthritis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier is a compendium of tips, techniques, and life-task shortcuts all learned from personal experience. Author Shelley Peterman Schwarz has lived with a chronic...

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Run, Hide, Fight: How to Protect Yourself During an Act of Mass Violence
As incidents of intentional harm increase in the US, many people are wondering how best to protect themselves in the event of a mass shooting or other...
As a teen, how can I prepare for a disaster?
It makes sense to prepare for disasters just as you might for any major event. As a teenager you can...
Why should I prepare a disaster plan with my neighbors?
A survey showed that 53% of Americans receive disaster preparedness information by talking with neig...
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
How to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter StormHow to Prepare—and Stay Safe—in a Winter Storm
A winter wonderland can be dangerous. Here’s how to keep yourself and your family safe when a blizzard strikes.