What can I use to cover my nose and mouth in cold weather?

Noses can be very sensitive to temperature changes. In order to keep those sensitive noses covered, you may want to use a scarf, turtleneck, or dickie. Remember to wash those items regularly if you are covering your nose and mouth, as those are prime areas for germs to collect during cold season. Another method would be the use of disposable face tissue. This method requires no washing and can be disposed of once you are inside from the elements at your destination.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Run, Hide, Fight: How to Protect Yourself During an Act of Mass Violence
As incidents of intentional harm increase in the US, many people are wondering how best to protect themselves in the event of a mass shooting or other...
What should I do if I'm ordered to evacuate due to a hurricane?
Because of the destructive power of a hurricane, you should never ignore an evacuation order. Author...
How can I stay safe if I am stranded in my car during a winter storm?
Staying in your vehicle when stranded is often the safest choice if winter storms create poor visibi...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.