How do I recognize an emergency?

Emergencies can happen to anyone anywhere. You may realize that an emergency has occurred through unusual noises, sights, odors, appearances or behaviors.

Continue Learning about Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Hurricane Sally Expected to Make Landfall Along Gulf Coast
Hurricane Sally is expected to become a Category 2 storm, making its way towards the coasts of Louisiana and Mississippi. The hurricane is expected to...
What should I do if I'm pregnant and staying in a shelter after a disaster?
If you are pregnant and staying in a shelter or place other than your home after a disaster, you nee...
How can my children help prepare a disaster supply kit?
Involving children when preparing a disaster supply kit is the first step in helping them know what ...
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency4 Ways to Prepare Your Pets for Hawaii’s Next Emergency
With hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, Hawaii residents need to keep furry friends ready for anything.